Sunday, February 21, 2010

Meet Our 2010 Bottle Doe

The end of January brought surprise packages courtesy of a buck that jumped the fence last August.

Really didn't know how many does he partied with or exact dates as I was out of town when it happened.

This little doe; later named Angelina by my granddaughter, was found in the early morning cold and weak.

A warm tub of water was the only way to warm this baby quick.

The grandchildren were so worried and excited all at the same time.

I wasn't sure she was going to make it as we had a really tough four days saving this little doe.

With all the grandchildren watching I had to try really hard to save her. So they were told to remember her in their prayers.

We were happy to have gotten her warm and nursing on her mother after the fist day. then her mother lost her milk and became ill.


Now I had two goats that needed 24 hour intense care.


Angelina moved into the house, but wasn't nursing.

Midnight brought me to my knees for this little doe. If I didn't get milk down her soon she wouldn't make it. The tube feeding wasn't working, I suspect her throat was slightly swollen from the previous three tubing's.
After that prayer,one of many for this little doe, I knew I needed an eye dropper. Of course I couldn't find one in the house. Thank the Lord for 24 hour WalMart.

The eye dropper was truly the answer to prayers. I was able to painstakingly feed her small amounts until she regained her strength.
Just look at her now.